Class: Form 4 or 5
Duration: A double period (90 mins)
|At the end of this lesson the student should be able to:
- Make real life connections between two variables.
- Show how well known mathematical formulae were derived using the concept of variation eg. circumference, area etc.
- Recognise the symbol for proportionality ; .
- Find the constant of variation given data.
- Give the formula connecting both variables (having found the constant of variation).
- Evaluate one of the variables once the data for the other variable is given.
- Draw a graph the relation, plotting one variable against the other
Two quantities x and y are said to be related by a direct proportionality if an increase in x by a factor will lead to an increase in y by exactly the same factor.