Day in the life of a conference and events organiser/Activities/Festivals
Increase knowledge of festivals and be able to recognise stakeholders involved
1. The Glastonbury Festival has been held in Somerset, England since 1970. In pairs, look on the festival's website and discuss who are the stakeholders in the festival. e.g. people attending (patrons). www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
2. Search for a New Zealand equivalent of a music festival, in the Hawkes Bay area, and answer the following questions:
- Who are the stakeholders and what are their concerns?
- Who are the organisers?
- How often is it held?
- Name several touring artists?
- Name several local artists?
- Who would you like to see performing?