Qualification Framework/Upper Primary Education/Standard 5
< Qualification Framework | Upper Primary Education(Redirected from Curriculum INDEX/Upper Primary Education/Standard 5)
Foreign Language (English)
- Provide print-rich environment to relate oracy with literacy.
- Build on learners’ readiness for reading and writing.
- Promote learners’ conceptualisation of printed texts in terms of headings, paragraphs and horizontal lines.
- Enrich learners’ vocabulary mainly through telling, retelling and reading aloud of stories/ folktales in English.
- Use appropriate spoken and written language in meaningful contexts/situations.
- Opportunity to listen to sounds/sound techniques and appreciate the rhythm and music of rhymes/sounds.
- Enable learners to relate words (mainly in poems) with appropriate actions and thereby provide understanding of the language.
- Familiarize learners with the basic process of writing.