Set up a blog on Blogger
In this activity we will do the initial set up of a Blogger blog
Set up a Blogger blog.
There are 3 simple steps to setting up a Blogger blog, but then there are many for getting the right look and feel, user settings, features turned on and things like that. We will just be doing the 3 simple steps for now, with more advanced set up covered later in the Manage Your Blog section.
- Spend 2 minutes watching a video demonstration on Youtube.
1. Set up an account
- Open your web browser and go to: http://www.blogger.com
- Click on 'Take a quick tour' and read about blogs. Can you see how this tool could be useful?
- Time to create your own blog, click 'Create your blog'
- Enter your existing email address
- Enter your preferred password for Blogger
- Complete the rest of the page and REGISTER.
2. Set up a blog
- Select a name for your blog. Something of professional or personal interest.
- Select a template. Don’t worry to much about which one you use – you can change it later if you want.
3. Start posting
- Your blog has been created, why not post something, click 'start posting', add a title and something about yourself in the message and hit 'Publish'
- Your blog has been published successfully, have a look by clicking 'View blog'.
- You now have yourveryown.blogspot.com address to publish to the internet.
- Log-out of your blogger Account by choosing 'Sign Out'