Community building project communications
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
- WikiEducator is very cool, and great to be affiliated with...
- WikiEducator's vision/mission and philosophical foundation
- The focus on developing countries in the Commonwealth, especially Africa
- secondary education - Africa as a priority
- other education
- my educational legacy
- The upcoming Learning4Content workshops for 53 Commonwealth countries (based on FLOSS4EDU workshops and OER Workshop Toolkit) + gender focus
- The connection to Open Educational Resources which is embraced by the Free Culture Movement
- The advantages and opportunities inherent in Open Licensing (i.e., CC-BY-SA)
- A development platform & tool for formal educators & informal educators (i.e., people who have something to teach);
- an accelerated development platform
- availability of free and open source software tool, with embedded instructional design prompts - eXe
- a forum for sharing lesson plans, educational materials and building connections
- a workspace
- a place where I can achieve my goals - with support from other individuals, teams, groups, etc.
- Saves time and money
- part of the 'social responsibility mix'
- The Commonwealth connection (and related institutions, including the Commonwealth of Learning)
- The individuals, groups communities and institutional stakeholders already involved / segments
- their vision, innovation, pride, passion, commitment
- pioneering leadership
- ability to effect change (i.e., make a difference, contribute to...)
- ally in career development & build my reputation
- Growth: WikiEd nodes, projects, accomplishments and achievements, countries, user pages, etc.
- WikiEd is a dynamic, evolving and exciting 'work-in-progress'
Library of Messages
- Pre- and post-activities around Learning4Content workshops - per country
- Message to Institutions & Individuals: Give us your unused content / lessons, etc. (i.e., social responsibility messaging)
WikiEducator Purpose (revised)
The WikiEducator is an evolving community intended for the collaborative:
- planning of education projects linked with the development of free content;
- development of free content on Wikieducator for e-learning;
- building cohesive and sustainable communities of support for educators;
- building of individual, group, community capacity
- work on building open education resources (OERs) on how to create OERs;
- networking on funding proposals developed as free content.
There is a distinction between "A community of support" and "Communities of Support". Overall, WikiEducator can be considered a "community of support" - however, over time, as educators develop content, they will develop sub-communities or 'communities-in-communities' where they will benefit from support from each other. Thus, "communities of support" seems more likely, particularly as WikiEducator evolves.
- Teacher / Educators
- South Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Commonwealth
- Opinion leaders - education, culture, arts, etc.
- News media (within the WikiEd community; education and mainstream)
- Policy Makers
Thoughts & Musings
- if we're moving from the Innovator phase to Early Adoption, the the language of our communication has to reflect that...