Community building project/Surveys/Students/HighSchool Physics
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Survey page for High School Students - Physics; specifically - White Eagle's Physics class. (This mini-project arose out of a discussion between and WhiteEagle and Wikirandy about the need to assess and measure Student Attitudes and Behaviours regarding WikiEducator).
Proposed Surveys - over time
- Survey 1: Intake (general impressions)
- Survey 2: Strengths & Weaknesses of WikiEd
- Survey 3: Survey after using WikiEd -(maybe after a case study)
Your Class #:
- 1 How did you find out about WikiEducator?
- 2 What are your Top 3 Interests for using WikiEducator?
- 3 How will you be using WikiEducator?
- 4 What subjects do you think will benefit from using WikiEducator? =
- 5 What do you know about Free Educational Materials (or OERs)
- 6 Why? Please explain.
- 7 Which individual and/or community do you wish to collaborate with? Please explain.
- 8 Where are you interested in using WikiEducator?
- 9 How old are you?
- 10 Are you male or female?
- 11 Results Oct. 11, 2007
How did you find out about WikiEducator?
- My teacher
- My friends
- My parents
- Search engine (specify):____________________
- Website (specify): _________________________
- Other (specify): ___________________________
What are your Top 3 Interests for using WikiEducator?
(Please rank from 1-3, where 1 is highest)
- to learn wiki skills
- to satisfy my teacher
- to connect to the WikiEducator community - at home
- to connect to the WikiEducator community - elsewhere
- to research new learning trends and ideas
- to build my social network
- to grow personally
- to give back to others
How will you be using WikiEducator?
- to connect with my friends
- to use my computer
- to get my homework on the Web
What subjects do you think will benefit from using WikiEducator? =
- White Eagle - please suggest some things here, if applicable:
What do you know about Free Educational Materials (or OERs)
(Check all that apply)
- they are free
- they can be used by anyone
Why? Please explain.
Which individual and/or community do you wish to collaborate with? Please explain.
Please give details below.
Where are you interested in using WikiEducator?
- North America
- South America
- South Pacific (including Australia, New Zealand)
How old are you?
Please indicate your age: _____
Are you male or female?
Results Oct. 11, 2007
you asked me to do a survey on the reception of Wikieducator in the group of my students. I have conducted a first one on the 11th of October. Here are the results:
The two classes together have 37 students. All were present.
- 1) I asked them if they head already a look into the wiki from at home. 3 per cent said never, 30 per cent said one to three times, 64 per cent said 4 to 10 times, 3 per cent said more than 10 times.
- 2) In the lesson where I conducted the survey I gave them an exam. 35 per cent had used the wiki for preparation.
- 3) I asked them how useful the wiki is for complementation of my tuition. 2/3 of them found it well useful.
- 4) I asked them who of them had already read other pages in Wikieducator: 10 per cent said yes.
- 5) I asked them who thinks, a wiki should be used in other subjects too. 70 per cent said yes.
- 6) 3 per cent are using Wikieducator for other purposes then for my tuition.
- 7) All of them have already used a wiki before, Wikipedia. Their concept of a wiki is formed by Wikipedia.
- 8) 3 per cent have already written own contributions for Wikipedia.
- 9) 8 per cent know the expression “social software“.
And, once again: I doubt they have any ideas about WikiEd right here at the beginning more than I told them, that WikiEd is a wiki for the collaborative production of free educational materials, with special concern for developing countries. For them, the first great experience is to use a wiki and get their texts on the web. They participate, cause it sounds interestingly new to them, cause they can work with a computer (what is always motivating for youngsters), and because they have to. If I’d use ZUM, the German educational wiki, or Moodle, it would be the same for them.
Is that of help for you? Do you want to know more?
Günther --White Eagle 11:44, 13 October 2007 (CEST)
Did you notice these results?--White Eagle 12:55, 22 October 2007 (CEST)
Hi White Eagle:
Yes, I did...but I did not have a chance to review them in detail...I will do so shortly...(it's because you were so much faster...it exceeded by project planning schedule!)
1. Are you subscribing to Google Groups and the WikiEd conversations? 2. Do you have any interest in connecting with another teacher, to share ideas, particularly in Germany/Europe?
Please let me know.
--wikirandy 16:59, 22 October 2007 (CEST)