Community building project/Communications KeyMessages
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
WikiEducator (in general)
(also see http://www.wikieducator.org/FAQs FAQs])
- Vision Statement
- Why is this different?
- How are you doing this?
- Tell me about Copyright - CC-BY-SA - in easy-to-understand language
- Open Educational Resources
- Who are the Wikipedians?
- Who are WikiEducators?
- What do you want from me? (and how can I get up to speed...)
- What's in it for me?
- What's the buzz about collaborative authoring?
- What's the role of the Commonwealth or Learning?
- How is my contribution recognized...
WikiEducator Messages (more specific)
- WikiEducator is very cool, and great to be affiliated with...
- WikiEducator's vision/mission and philosophical foundation
- The focus on developing countries in the Commonwealth, especially Africa
- secondary education - Africa as a priority
- other education
- my educational legacy
- The upcoming Learning4Content workshops for 53 Commonwealth countries (based on FLOSS4EDU workshops and OER Workshop Toolkit) + gender focus
- The connection to Open Educational Resources which is embraced by the Free Culture Movement
- The advantages and opportunities inherent in Open Licensing (i.e., CC-BY-SA)
- A development platform & tool for formal educators & informal educators (i.e., people who have something to teach);
- an accelerated development platform
- availability of free and open source software tool, with embedded instructional design prompts - eXe
- a forum for sharing lesson plans, educational materials and building connections
- a workspace
- a place where I can achieve my goals - with support from other individuals, teams, groups, etc.
- Saves time and money
- part of the 'social responsibility mix'
- The Commonwealth connection (and related institutions, including the Commonwealth of Learning)
- The individuals, groups communities and institutional stakeholders already involved / segments
- their vision, innovation, pride, passion, commitment
- pioneering leadership
- ability to effect change (i.e., make a difference, contribute to...)
- ally in career development & build my reputation
- Growth: WikiEd nodes, projects, accomplishments and achievements, countries, user pages, etc.
- WikiEd is a dynamic, evolving and exciting 'work-in-progress'