- in the social inclusion and participation of all people in our networked society (Access to ICTs is a fundamental right of knowledge citizens - not an excuse for using old technologies).
- in the freedoms of all educators to teach with the technologies and contents of their choice, hence our commitment to Free/Libre and Open Source technology tools and free content.
- that educational content is unique - and by working together we can improve the technologies we use as well as the reusability of digital learning resources.
- in a forward-looking disposition working together to find appropriate and sustainable solutions for e-learning futures.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu: A Call for Freedom
- Watch Desmond Tutu, at the opening of a Digital Freedom Exposition conference (2007) at the University of the West Cape, South Africa.