Questions to drive the programme development process
- What community priority will the programme address
- Be specific
- Do you need to undertake more study?
- Who are your learners?
- Profile your ideal listener: Who are they? What are their specific needs?
- What are the specific objectives of the programme?
- What resource people, organisations and or partners do you need to be involved?
- What gaps exist between you and your prospective partners?
- How will the programme use face-to-face communication to reinforce the broadcast content? For example
- Listener groups that meet in the community
- Learner groups that meet at the station
- Phone in segments
- What can you benchmark your goals?
- What do you expect to see? E.g. People take information
- What would you like to see? E.g. People take action
- What would you love to see? E.g. People complete actions
- What are the success factors? For example
- Commitment from the radio management to provide the time
- Contributions from partners