Commonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate/Milestone 4/Re-structure of template
Module Five - Database Management using OpenOffice 2.0 Base
Welcome to Module # 5 - Database Management using OpenOffice 2.0 Base.
Throughout this module we have anchored the design theory and database implementation in the idea of a school. The school can be indoors or outdoors; it can be a small single building school with all the grades or a large school with many students and many classrooms. The main idea is to think about the school and how the students, teachers and classes relate to one another as data or information.
- We recommend that you spend 90 minutes of uninterrupted time on each chapter section. Understanding database concepts requires reflection, so please allow time between chapters to review what you have learned.
- It would help you if you have access to the following when attempting the activities in this module;
- Paper and pencil to draw working diagrams and write design notes
- Some written or printed copies of forms and reports from within the school to use as reference
- A lot of curiosity and patience with using new technology
- You may find it useful to skim through an entire chapter (or portion of a chapter) first, paying special attention to the headings and introductions then go through a second time for more in depth study and practice
- We recommend that you do the activities as they appear rather than all at the end. They are essential study materials, so please attempt them.
- If you have difficulty understanding a section of a chapter, try working at it slowly. If you still do not understand, seek help.
! Note that in the final piece we will not use the wording 'section, sub-section etc'.
The Database Application
How does this compare with Module 6?
Copy the section and subsection templates you require from this page Design Templates
<List out any references/sources used in creation of the module>
- This modules OCDL / ICDL mapping is an essential resource for this modules development. Please add further notes or comments into this mapping for where you would like to see module improvements.
About this Module
Module # 5 - Database Management using OpenOffice 2.0 Base