Commonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate/Milestone 4/Pedagogical template/CCNC Module 4 design example
Module 4 Spreadsheets
Welcome to Module 4 Spreadsheets.
| By the end of this Module you will have mastered the knowledge and skills to be able to develop, format, modify and use a spreadsheet, which can be useful for a variety of contexts, for example calculating or analysing business data or simply managing personal information more efficiently.
In the process of learning how to work with spreadsheets you will be able to generate and apply standard mathematical and logical formulae and create and format graphs/charts.
- We recommend that you spend X amount of time on each chapter
- It would help you if you have access to some local business data or information you wish to analyse and calculate when attempting the activities in this module.
- You may find it useful to skim through an entire chapter (or portion of a chapter) first, paying special attention to the headings and introductions then go through a second time for more indepth study and practice
- We recommend that you do the activities as they appear rather than all at the end. They are essential study materials, so please attempt them.
- If you have difficulty understanding a section of a chapter, try working at it slowly. If you still do not understand, seek help.
Section 1: Getting to know the Application
CALC is the application we will be using to develop and work with spreadsheets. CALC is one of the applications of the OpenOffice suite.It is similar to Microsoft Excel and you can save your CALC spreadsheets in Excel for sending to Microsoft users. In this section we will become familiar with the basic features of the application and learn how to perform the basic operations that we will rely on later to work with CALC.
After studying this section you should be able to:
- Open and close CALC
- Identify the core components of the CALC screen.
- Open one and several spreadsheets; close a spreadsheet
- Create a new spreadsheet
- Save spreadsheets in different locations and under different conditions.
- Switch between worksheets in a single spreadsheet.
- Use Help functions in CALC
- Use tools to adjust settings.
27s_Certificate/Milestone_4/Pedagogical_template/CCNC_Module_4_Section_4.2_design_example Mod 4 Section level design example]
<List out any references/sources used in creation of the module>
About this Module
Module # <Title>
- Attribution: OpenICDL with link to the project.
- Authors:<Insert institution/names here>
- Based on Open Office Version 2.0
- Created under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license