Collaborative Understandings Sessions/Talk Summaries
- TESOL Talk 7 (July 19, 2011)
- Will provide an overview of how to best participate in TESOL Talk and will discuss academic writing if no other topics are presented first by attendees. Join us!
- TESOL Talk 6 (July 5, 2011)
- Discuss autonomous learning, VoiceThread, and how to integrate the four skills in class when high-stakes testing is the criteria for evaluating the English language learner
- TESOL Talk 5 (June 21, 2011)
- Discuss blended learning: online offline interaction, synchronous and asynchronous types of communication, and various learning theories
- TESOL Talk 4 (June 9, 2011)
- Discuss UbD Guide to creating high-quality units, backward design, and performance tasks in general.
- TESOL Talk 3
- Work through a performance task using the GRASPS framework
- TESOL Talk 2 (May 10, 2011):
- Discussed performance tasks (PTs) in more detail, differentiating PTs from task-based learning. Perhaps this could be a topic for further discussion during next session.
- Will explain and design a performance task for the EFL/ESL classroom
- TESOL Talk 1 (April 27, 2011):
- Reviewed briefly attendee research, discussing topics related to purpose, problems, and participant selection.
- Discussed how to integrate the four skills (e.g., briefly discussing performance tasks).