Coach adult learners/Activities/Communication and Giving Feedback to others
- Visit Delaware Country Community College and read notes on: mutual respect, integrating humour, effective communication and wait times.
- Complete the on this page Communication Skills Test and find out your score
- Post the answers to these questions in your Blog
- Do you agree with the results of your communication test? Why?
- What can you do to establish rapport with your tutee?
- Why is it important to know why your student is seeking tutoring?
- What is the Socratic method? (visit socratic questions for help with this question)
- There are several different types of probing questions. Name all of them and indicate which type will be used most often in your tutoring session. Why?
- Visit how to improve your non-verbal communication
- Write down how you think you could improve your communication skills and post some suggestions in your Peer Tutoring Blog.
- Visit Delaware Country Community College and read notes on How to handle right and wrong answers.
- Give an example of how you might handle a wrong answer from your tutee? Post this example to your Blog
- If you have time, find a youtube video of an example of somebody demonstrating excellent or very poor communication skills. Post this video to your Blog (or a link to it if you know how to).