Child abuse is the physical, psychological or sexual maltreatment of children.
There is an increase in the number of children being abused around the world everday.Children are victims of neglect, emotional, pyhsical and sexual abuse.Whether the abuse is neglect, sexual, physical, or emotional the scars can be deep.
Signs and Symptoms of Child Abuse
- Being overly affectionate or knowledgeable in a sexual way inappropriate to the child's age.
- Medical problems such as chronic itching, pain in the genitals, venereal disease.
- Inability to concentrate.
- Become worried about clothing being removed.
- Unexplained recurrent injuries or burns.
- Chronic running away.
- Self destructive tendencies.
- fear of suspected abuser being contacted.
- Sudden speech disorders.
- Physical, mental and emotional development lag.
- Cotinual self depreciation.
- Overreaction on mistakes.
- Poor personal hygiene.
- Constant tiredness.
- Constant hunger.
- Poor state of clothing.