e-Learning Activity - Annotated bibliography
|Change with digital technologies in education (#OERuCDTE)|
|Course introduction||Welcome & objectives | Conceptual overview | Video signpost | Teaching approach | Digital literacy | e-Activity - Create a blog | e-Activity - Research topic | e-Activity - Annotated bibliography | Summary|
Activity Number: 1.3
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Publish an item for an annotated bibliography|
|2 Hours (Shorter depending on prior knowledge of APA citation style and experience with blog technology)|
|Insert link to assignment|
|American Psychological Association (APA) citation style
Preparing an annotated bibliography
- Work through the suggested resource links above on the APA citation style and how to prepare an annotated bibliography. The time you will need will depend on your prior knowledge of the APA citation style and familiarity with annotated bibliographies.
- The format required for the annotated bibliography in this course is as follows:
- The reference written in the required APA style format, followed by
- a description section which describes the content of the source and key findings, and
- an evaluation section which may include reference to strengths or weaknesses of the source, a statement about the overall reliability of the source and why the resource is useful to your topic of research.
- The scope for the annotated text in this course is 150 - 300 words maximum.
Example of annoted bibliography to meet requirements of this course
- Example adapted for APA citation style from How to prepare a bibliography, Concordia University