Q.1. Give the names of four major biomolecules.
Q.2.Give two major functions of carbohydrates and lipids each.
Q.3. Which of the biomolecules are the better source of energy-sugar or fatty acids? Give reasons to support your answer.
Q.4.What is the role of AMP/
Q.5. Name the amino acid that can acts as neurotransmitter?
Q.6. Why membranes are fluid in nature?
Q.7. Name the scientist who establish that information of folding proteins lie in the protein itself?
Q.8. Name the covalent bond that stabilize the tertiary structure of a protein?
1) hydrophobic and hydrophilic molecules
2)amphipathic and amphoteric molecules.
3) alpha and beta forms of sugar.
4) amylose and amylopectin
5) cellulose and starch
6) DNA and RNA.
7) purine and pyrimidine.
8) tertiary and quaternary structure of protein.
9) channel and carrier protein.
10) integral and peripheral protein.
Q.11. Fill in the blanks-
1. In artificial sweatener sucralose, hydroxyl group of sugar is replaced by ..................
2.Steroid hormones are derivative of ..............
3. There are .............H-bond between adenine and guanine.
4...............was the first to determine the 3D structure of myoglobin.
Q.12. Define the following terms- i) glycosidic bond ii) peptide bond
iii)phosphodiester bond iv) integral membrane protein
v) proteomics vi) 2-Dgel electropphoresis
vii) mass spectrophotometer
Q.13. Give the structure of the following-
aspartic acid, sucrose, glycogen, phosphotidyl choline, sphingomyelin, ATP, palmiteic acid, triacylglycerol, cholestrol and an amino acid which is polar but aromatic.
Q.14. Draw the structure of the cell membrane(fluid mosaic model.