To Wikify Content...
(adapted from: http://wikieducator.org/Wikify_content)
I (Randy Fisher) do it in the following way:
- Opened the file in Google Docs
- Used Google Docs function "Download As" - to save a version in Open Office V2.4 and avove
- Clicked on the new doc (*.ods) to open the document in Open Office (you can download this free program at http://www.openoffice.org
- Went to File Menu--> Export --> Mediawiki, to open the document in Mediawiki format (the OO program creates the file in the background, while the original OO program is open)
- Saved this file to a directory
- Went to my directory (where I originally saved the files to retrieve the *.txt (mediawiki format document
- Created a page on the wiki where I wanted to place the file contents (i.e., I usually put it under the name of the NGO / organisation that contributed the material (easier to find :-), and ....
- Voila! The content is in WikiEducator - and available to others - who may wish to polish up the layout a bit.