Blueskin Bay FM/Volunteer agreement
BLUESKIN BAY FM VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
All volunteers wishing to participate in the operations of Blueskin Bay FM – whether on or off the air –should understand the principles, philosophies, policies, and governance structures that underpin the entire organisation. This information is contained in the Blueskin Bay FM Handbook. As a volunteer-operated organisation, Blueskin Bay FM relies on the passion, responsibility, and personal initiative of members like you. We thank you for sharing your time.
On-air volunteers should be aware of the general guiding principles of Blueskin Bay FM, as well as the duties and responsibilities specific to on-air operations. Certain regulations and station policies apply only to broadcast operations and must be adhered to at all times; therefore, on-air volunteers have duties and responsibilities above and beyond other volunteer staff. All Programmers must have completed the required training in production or on-air work, and be approved by the station management.
- I, ____________________________________ (name), the undersigned volunteer for Blueskin FM, have read Blueskin FM’s Handbook, fully understand the duties and responsibilities required by being a Programmer for the Blueskin FM volunteer staff and agree to comply with all policies and guidelines presented in it.
- I know of no reason in law or otherwise why it might not be appropriate or might not be seen to be appropriate for me to volunteer for this activity or to be present on the property of a primary school.
- I permit Blueskin Bay FM to make enquiries with any person or organisation regarding my character or the appropriateness of my participation, and I affirm that this permission is given in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- I understand that my work will be reviewed from time to time by a Station Manager.
- At any time, with two weeks’ notice, I am entitled to a review session with a Station Manager and any other appropriate individuals. The purpose of such a session would be: (a) to obtain helpful and constructive feedback on my work as a volunteer, and (b) make me aware of any serious concerns held by staff, management or other volunteers regarding my volunteer activities.
- I agree to obtain permission from the Blueskin Bay FM team before acting as a spokesperson or agent for Blueskin Bay FM, and before using Blueskin Bay FM’s name in association with any public event or activity.
- I agree not to consume or to be impaired by any illegal substance or alcohol or tobacco while performing activities for Blueskin FM.
- If a volunteer is under 18 years of age they will need to be supervised by a parent/guardian.
Signed: __________________________________________ Volunteer (or Parent/Guardian if Volunteer is under 18 years of age)
My contact details
Telephone: ___________________________ Alternate phone: ___________________________
STATION MANAGER TO COMPLETE: I believe that the above person possesses the full understanding and capabilities necessary to perform the functions of a volunteer at Blueskin Bay FM.
__________________________________________ __________________ Station Manager Date
(this document is based on Community Media/KRUU FM/Book/Volunteer Agreement, dated 09/28/08 -- kiaora KRUU!)