Basic knowledge of NZ natural history
This local course is used in the following course
You will receive an introductory understanding of the natural geological development of the South Island (particularly Fiordland)and its natural flora and fauna. Knowledge of which will contribute to your skill base as a nature tourist guide.
At the successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of the South Island’s native flora and fauna and key geological processes.
Learning and teaching strategies
How will we help you to learn?
- Fieldtrips, DVD presentation, roleplays, group work, individual projects, simulations, practical service, demonstrations, lectures
- Interpretation Plans
- Written assessments/test
- Peer review
Student Reading List
- Course web logs, learning and assessment activities
- Hall, M. C. (2003). Introduction to tourism: Dimensions and issues. (4th ed). Australia: * Pearson Education Pty Limited.
- [Department of Conservation NZ]