Albany Senior High School/Curriculum plans/Business
= Curriculum Plan for the Commerce Department
At Albany Senior High School
- we nurture each other
we will achieve this by providing an environment where students maximise their learning potential and feel happy to contribute their ideas. We will ensure that teachers and students show each other respect
- we inspire each other
we will achieve this by providing opportunities for students to succeed and showcase their talents.
- we empower each other
we will achieve this by ensuring that students feel valued and part of community
- Excellence in all that we do.
ensure that students are encouraged to strive for personal excellence through setting and monitoring goals. Make use of the latest research findings.
- Warm, mutually respectful relationships.
students and teachers will treat each other with respect. This will be achieved through spending time to get to know each other and gaining a better understanding of each others backgrounds.
- Families as part of our learning community.
families will be regularly updated with information about courses and the progress of students. make links with families who have connections in the business world celebrate the success of our students with families
- Fairness, openness, honesty and trust.
- Learning together and making decisions together.
students and teachers will be encouraged to network and make connections with local and international firms. This will ensure that students can make connections with their learning and make learning authentic.
- Using evidence and reflection to make decisions.
- Curiosity and enquiry, creativity and innovation.
- Contributing to our local and global communities.
- Protecting and enhancing the environment.
- Diversity that enriches our learning community.
Responsivity. The study of different societies and cultures.
How will we affirm and promote the school’s values?
Expectations for teaching and learning including embedding ICTs
1. How will our teaching and learning meet the school’s expectations for 21st century pedagogy based on current research?
| Aligned with the ASHS teaching portrait and school curriculum and assessment policy
How will we ensure students:
Transparency, reflection, questioning.
case studies, community mentors,
Impact projects, cross-curricular inquiry, use of prior knowledge.
Collaboration, create and use new knowledge, performativity.
Opportunity, teach skills of reflection, leading with questions, student evaluation.
2. How will our assessment promote effective learning?
| << Aligned with the ASHS school curriculum and assessment policy>>
Performitivity. Responsivity Authentic learning.
3. What does an effective 100-minute lesson look like?
| <<An annotated 100-minute lesson template >>
How will we develop each of the key competencies in the learning area? How will we promote the split screen? These are a means and an end.
• Using language, symbols and texts: Students will be encouraged to express ideas and arguments and select modes of communication appropriate to the context. • Managing self : Students will take responsibility for their learning. • Relating to others: Students will interact effectively with a diverse range of people in a variety of contexts. • Participating and contributing: Students will contribute appropriately as a group member, make connections with others and create opportunities for others.
What do we want our students to learn and/or develop?
<<Matrix of AOs and indicators from the curriculum and the standards that will support their development
How will we ensure that standards are transparent, clear, reliable, valid and fair?
| <<See NZQA Teachers’ Handbook>>
Compliance with the Albany Senior High School NZQA Teacher Handbook
What data will we collect and how will we use it?
| << See data plan >>