iPad Writing Project
- Q: What if I want to use my iPad to write my first novel? What is the best app for that? Oh, and I need a real keyboard...
There are several apps and accessories that make a good writing environments for a serious project like a novel.
- Chapters - notes, ideas, organization, can add password, photo integration and date-based entry approach $3.99
- Chronicle for iPad - notes, journal, organization ** same organization as Chapters - differences beside $1 $2.99
Typing tips - The software keyboard included with the iPad is not the best option for extending pieces of writing, but you can learn to use it for writing notes, emails, and forum replies.
There are plenty of notepad apps for capturing handwritten notes and drawings.
Apple and a few other third party manufacturers have developed external keyboards for the iPad that will make typing even faster.
- Zagg folio - case, stand and removable Bluetooth keyboard
- Logitech - lots of options
And about getting that novel completed - Novel in 30 - a handy app to help stay on track with deadlines, daily word count goals, ...