User:Betty vave/How to make a flower garland
- Pick enough flowers of various kinds
- Get 3 strips of brown pandanus leaves and tie them together at one end.
- In a sitting position, tie that end around one of your big toes before plaiting the strips until it is about 3 to 4 inches long.
- Insert one flower at a time in between the strips while plaiting. Make a pattern with the various flowers while doing this until the garland is long enough to go around your head.
- Stop inserting flowers, but continue plaiting until it has the same length as the one on the other end.
- Tie a knot at that end and undo the knot on your toe.
- Put the garland around your head before tying both ends together. The garland is now ready to be used for dancing or feasting.