GSE Stat Methods II: Topic resources
Course text: Moore, D. S., McCabe, G. P., & Craig, B. A. (2009). Introduction to the practice of statistics (6th ed). New York: W. H. Freeman.
Resources are listed by topic, in chronological order according to presentation in the course. For each topic, the corresponding section in the text is followed by a list of supplemental resources.
Topic resources are elements of the following:
- Statistics, a course offering from Open Learning Initiative (OLI), sponsored by Carnegie Mellon University
- Collaborative Statistics, by Barbara Illowsky, Ph.D. and Susan Dean, included in the Connexions repository, sponsored by Rice University
Introduction to inference
Confidence interval; Significance tests; Power; Type I error; Type II error
Text: sections 6.1-6.4, pp. 353-410
Inference for the mean of a population
Text: section 7.1, pp. 417-433
One sample t-test
- OLI Statistics: Hypothesis testing for the population mean
- Screens 1-5 when sigma is known
- Screens 6-9 when sigma is unknown
- SurfStat: Discussion of t-test begins at the bottom of the page titled One continuous variable and continues on the following page