(Redirected from Open textbook project)
open textbook: a textbook with an open license that can be modified by the adopting instructor.
They should also be:
- free, or very nearly free
- easy to use, get and pass around
- editable so instructors can customize content
- cross-platform compatible
- accessible so it works with adaptive technology
To learn more about open textbooks please visit:
- Community College Open Textbook Collaborative:a collection of colleges, governmental agencies, educational nonprofits, and other education-related organizations; the collaborative provides training for instructors adopting open resources, peer reviews of open textbooks, an online professional network, support for authors opening their resources, and other services.
- College Open Textbooks Professional Network: A site for stakeholders and participants of the Community College Open Textbook Collaborative
- College Open Textbooks Blog: blog about what is going on in the world of open textbooks and related topics.
- Open Textbook FAQ's (source link)
- Open Textbook Glossary (source link)
To find open textbooks:
- College Open Textbooks - Textbooks by Subject: Lists of hundreds open textbooks by subjec.
- MERLOT: Find peer reviewed online teaching and learning materials.
- Connexions: a place to view and share educational material made of small knowledge chunks called modules that can be organized as courses, books, reports, etc.
- Orange Grove Texts Plus: repository of a wide range of textbooks in a choice of electronic or bound book formats.