OERu COURSE NOMINATIONS FOR LISTING ON THE OERu LAUNCH WEBSITE MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE CLOSE OF YOUR BUSINESS ON 11 OCTOBER 2013
The OERu launch website will include new courses which will become available during 2014. In the case of new courses, OERu learners will be able to signup for information updates. Learners will be able to register for existing OERu courses with scheduled start dates.
- Listing course nominations on the launch website provides a unique opportunity to profile your institution to an international audience while realising the aims of our OERu innovation partnership.
- All nominations must be linked to a course at your institution where OERu learners can gain formal academic credit.
- During Phase 1 of the OERu launch, credit will be restricted to the contributing institution with individual articulation agreements for credit transfer evolving on a case-by-case basis.
- We welcome the nomination of micro-courses (recommend 40 notional learning hours) which provides the opportunity to stagger the dates of completion. When nominating a micro-course, partners are required to submit the nominations for the full set needed to gain credit for the designated university course.
- Where possible, please try to identify 1st year bachelor's degree courses so we can grow the inventory of first-year level courses.
- Where possible, please consider courses which could contribute to a Bachelor of General Studies or similar credential.
- In the case of new OERu courses, you will need to specify an indicative date of completion, for example 2nd quarter 2014. Complete means all the materials including the course guide, learning pathways and assessments are available on WikiEducator by the anticipate date of completion. The OER Foundation will not host or manage the course registrations for any courses which are not available in wiki format.
- Download a copy of the low resolution mockup of the OERu course pages for the OERu launch website as an example for the corresponding text fields in the online submission form.
- Complete the online submission form for every course nomination to be included on the launch website.