Free Software Case Studies/Blog
Add entries under a date heading ...
27 November 2010
- Large-scale migration to an open source office suite: An innovation adoption study in Finland - another candidate case study?
15 November 2010
The New Zealand schools case studies are basically done, with room for expansion on their current status (ongoing) and future prospects. This completes the first preparatory phase of the work for the FTA case studies module with the following offered (in addition to the UOC-supplied case studies) for refinement and inclusion among the course materials:
- Free Software and People & Planet
- The Case of SchoolNet Namibia
- Free Software at Warrington School
- Free Software at Albany Senior High School
Comments are always welcome, along with ideas for learning activities and new case studies.
Thanks for the feedback so far and in advance ....
15 October 2010
New Zealand schools free software case studies active:
5 October 2010
- New case studies released on WikiEducator:
30 September 2010
- People & Planet case study coming to WikiEducator soon. Watch this space.
- SchoolNet Namibia case study coming soon to WikiEducator. Watch this space.
31 August 2010
- Comments on some of the UOC case studies available. Comments on the comments welcome.
- In the background, work is proceeding with SchoolNet Namibia and People & Planet case studies.
- Looking for more good case studies of free software in NGOs/ non-profits, etc. which are licensed CC-BY-SA - any ideas? (link below, or e-mail me)
6 July 2010
- "Create a New Case Study" form added to Case Studies List page. It simply creates a page with the given name and preloads a template page. Go ahead and create one, remembering to add a link to your new case study on the Case Studies list.
25 June 2010
- Created Inventory of Case Studies to be used in prioritisation for FKI/FTA for now. Later the page may be used for more general purposes.
24 June 2010
22 June 2010
- Considering making an inventory of case studies. Need help deciding on what details to include (see the discussion page of the Case Studies list(s)).
18 June 2010
- Personal migration stories section: Personal Experiences.
- Prioritising Case Studies
- Started the Learning Activities page/tab
- E-mailed WE Teacher Collaboration list for case studies and learning activities.
17 June 2010
- Case Studies List grows ...
15 June 2010
- Generic Questions or aspects to cover in a typical case study (under Resources)
- Generic Letter of Approach for organisation you wish to ask to develop their case study. - Kim Tucker 23:36, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
31 May 2010
Created this site - Kim Tucker 22:41, 30 May 2010 (UTC)