User:Temukisah/My best lesson
Student should be able to add and subtract two decimal places in the context of measurement, including money.
Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
- Add and subtract 4-digit number including two decimal places. 26.51 + 11.32
- Add and Subtract money (4-digit number) eg. $34.56 + $12.22
Mathematics Class 8. Teachers' Handbook Syllabus Outline Page 15
40 minutes (1 lesson)
- Revisit work on addition and subtraction of Whole and decimal numbers
- Carry out task on addition and subtraction of decimal numbers ranging from simple to more complex.Make sure the decimal points are underneath one another.
eg 14.42 $25.10
- Add and subtract using whole and decimal numbers including money.
a) $23.35 b) $67.75 + $16.42 - $42.58
- Complete the following exercises:
a) $43.76 b) $48.34 c) $67.54 d) $263.30 + $12.34 + $31.25 - $35.12 - $131.46
e) Teima bought 4 exercise books at $1.00 each and 1pkt of pencil colours at $2.00. How much did she spend at the shop?
f) Temu bought 1bag of rice for $37.50. What is her change if she gave the shopkeeper a $50. note?
Students to work out correct answers to exercise on the blackboard. Go over the exercises for revision. Identify students who have not achieve the lesson and give extra help.