Insufficiencies in Ugandan schools
- Lack of suitable physics text book materials suited to the African context.
- Lack of student activity packs for given topics.
- Limited physics teacher collaboration.
- Failure by physics teachers to relate class work to reality.
- Limited effort by teachers to involve students in a way that fosters creativity and innovative scientific thinking other than mere recall.
- Lack of laboratory resources.
- Lack of physics teachers
- Low motivation among the teachers so they show little commitment
- Lack of practice skills in some areas so the teachers shy from them
- Lack of creativity among science teachers
- Many teachers at times teach concepts they themselves did not understand, but were merely crammed and reproduced in examinations.
- There is a general desire to finish the syllabus other than mastery of the content.