PCF5:CYP - Innovation in curriculum and assessment: rethinking higher education
Title of session
INNOVATION IN CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT: rethinking higher education
- Date: 15th July 2008
- Time: 14:00
- Room: Level 6, 642
- Chair: Leon Higgs
- Reporter: Sanjaya Mishra
- Dr. Bakary Diallo, . The African Virtual University Teacher Education Programme: across borders and language barriers in ten African countries
In this Workshop session lead by the Dr. Diallo, an exhaustive presentation of the teacher education programme of African Virtual University (AVU) was presented.
Key Issues that arose in the session
- AVU is an example of multi-county project management, and the role of content development coordinator is highly significant to the success of any Open Distance and eLeanring project.
- Culture and communication also play important roles in programme development. Collaborative material development not only produces quality material but also helps in capacity building.
- Power connection is another problem in technology use and delivery system of ICT-enabled programme.
Points for future action (Policy, recommendations, commitments etc.)
- Development of Community of Practice in teacher education