Design and deliver an appropriate interpretation plan/Activities/Podcast tours
< Design and deliver an appropriate interpretation plan | Activities(Redirected from Knowledge of visitor interpretation/Activities/Podcast tours)
We did something a little different and let our iPods be our tour guide. The park offers a free Audio Tour as an MP3 download to bring on your digital music player. This turned out to be a great way to see the park.
Following is an activity that should take you about 4 hours in total. You will learn how to:
- download an archive file and extract audio files from it
- play audio on a computer or portable player
- search for and download images with appropriate copyrights
- create and publish a slide show based on an audio file
- send an email with a link to the lecturer
- Find and download the file containing the MP3 audio files for the audio tour of Millennium Park or search for another audio file that offers an audio tour of a location.
- Pick one of the audio files and find images that are related to the locations and subject matter in the audio.
- Create a slide presentation out of the images that can be played along with the audio and upload the finished work to Slideshare or your preferred web service for publishing slide presentations. See if you can work out how to link the audio with the slides. In Slideshare, this is called "slidecast" ;)
- NB, make sure you source images that have clear copyright statements that permit you to use the images, or get permission from the copyright holder. A good place to source images with permissions to reuse is flickr's Creative Commons library (be sure to credit original authors).
- email your lecturer and let them know which audio file you have used and provide a link to your published presentation.
- Finding images licensed with Creative Commons - a youtube video demonstration
- Embedding media on a blog - a youtube video demonstrating how to embed media into a blog (optional extra to the activity)