Albany Senior High School/Curriculum plans/History and Classical Studies
Curriculum Plan for ...
At Albany Senior High School
- we nurture each other
- we inspire each other
- we empower each other
How will we contribute to the realisation of the school’s vision?
- Excellence in all that we do.
- Warm, mutually respectful relationships.
- Families as part of our learning community.
- Fairness, openness, honesty and trust.
- Learning together and making decisions together.
- Using evidence and reflection to make decisions.
- Curiosity and enquiry, creativity and innovation.
- Contributing to our local and global communities.
- Protecting and enhancing the environment.
- Diversity that enriches our learning community.
How will we affirm and promote the school’s values?
Expectations for teaching and learning including embedding ICTs
1. How will our teaching and learning meet the school’s expectations for 21st century pedagogy based on current research?
| Aligned with the ASHS teaching portrait and school curriculum and assessment policy
How will we ensure students:
2. How will our assessment promote effective learning?
| << Aligned with the ASHS school curriculum and assessment policy>>
3. What does an effective 100-minute lesson look like?
| <<An annotated 100-minute lesson template >>
How will we develop each of the key competencies in the learning area? How will we promote the split screen? These are a means and an end.
What do we want our students to learn and/or develop?
<<Matrix of AOs and indicators from the curriculum and the standards that will support their development
How will we ensure that standards are transparent, clear, reliable, valid and fair?
| <<See NZQA Teachers’ Handbook>>
What data will we collect and how will we use it?
| << See data plan >>