Task 2: Micro course reflection
In this final task, you are encouraged to reflect on your experience of the open course, your contributions, any new perspectives, and your learning and teaching context. Task 2 addresses all three learning outcomes for the micro course, with a particular emphasis on Learning Outcome 3: Reflect critically on your experience of open education participation to inform the adoption of OEP in curriculum design. As outlined in the course overview, you may choose to participate in the evaluation of the micro course by consenting to your anonymous responses to this task being used as research data. When completing and submitting your responses, you will be prompted to choose a consent status regarding your responses – ‘yes’ or ‘no’ – without consequence if you choose ‘no’. Kindly consult the information sheet (pdf) for more detail of the evaluation.
TASK: Reflect on the four questions below, and draft your responses guided by the word limits. To submit, copy and paste your final responses into the online form set up for Task 2, using Survey Monkey (to ensure anonymous responses for those participating in the evaluation).
- How has the experience of participating in this micro course influenced your understanding of open educational practices (OEP)? (Max. 150 words)
- What specific aspects of open educational practices (OEP) are applicable to your curriculum design context? What benefits and/or challenges do you foresee for learning and teaching? (Max. 300 words)
- Constructively critique this micro course with reference to:
- Scope, and relevance to learning and teaching in higher education
- Learning design
- Curation of resources and tools
- Opportunities to connect and share with course colleagues. (Max. 350 words)
- Please suggest any specific improvements for subsequent iterations of the course. (Max. 200 words)
To complete the final task, please access the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BRS55KR
DUE DATE: Wed 8 April, 2015