Warrington School/Curriculum/Visual Arts Achievement Objectives
Level 1 and 2
- Share ideas about how and why their own and others’ works are made and their purpose, value, and context.
- Explore a variety of materials and tools and discover elements and selected principles.
- Investigate visual ideas in response to a variety of motivations, observation, and imagination.
- Share the ideas, feelings, and stories communicated by their own and others’ objects and images.
Level 3 and 4
- Investigate the purpose of objects and images from past and present cultures and identify the contexts in which they were or are made, viewed, and valued.
- Explore some art-making conventions, applying knowledge of elements and selected principles through the use of materials and processes.
- Develop and revisit visual ideas, in response to a variety of motivations, observation, and imagination, supported by the study of artists’ works.
- Describe the ideas their own and others’ objects and images communicate.
- Explore and describe ways in which meanings can be communicated and interpreted in their own and others’ work.