User:Vtaylor/Summer of Code 2014
2014.08.21 - End of project evaluation and observations
- Google Summer of Code - Help
- Google Open Source blog - not just GSofC
- Student Guide - general information
- Mentor Guide
Peer Evaluation - outline
- provide feedback about the student with the check box question, even though giving him a Pass? – still very applicable and important information. If it is going to be for everyone, not just Fail, there could be a couple more statements – good as well as bad. Even great students could have good and bad, as we discovered, even though they get a Pass at the end.
- discussion Pass/Fail – doing enough to warrant being paid and Fail by criteria set?
- pre-training on “open” development be a requirement? More organization or sector specific (eg. MediaWiki-based projects) than the student guide. Could be a self study, with quizzes and the ability to “test out” of this. Set it up and make it a condition for proposal and student acceptance.