User:Vtaylor/Reporting a Problem
Reporting a Problem
When you are reporting a problem, please provide as much information as you can about your computer and the specific steps that you have taken. This will save a lot of time and frustration for you and me.
- What browser are you using?
- Are you using a PC or a Mac? What operating system are you using?
For the assignment submission problem, please answer the following questions.
- Have you tried changing the editor setting in your profile?
- Did you try selecting a different text format option below the assignment submission box?
- Have you tried putting text before the web address?
- Have you tried giving the web address without http:// or putting it in quotes?
- Have you tried using another computer with different hardware / software? There are several computer labs at DeAnza. Public libraries have computers available.
Students have reported that these changes have worked for them.
I really want to help you, but simply stating that it doesn't work doesn't give me or Tech Support enough information. We can guess, but for a serious ongoing problem like this, we have to have more information to try to figure it out.
Reminder - this is an online class and there is a requirement that you have adequate computer skills to be self sufficient or be able to assist in the resolution of problems that come up. As I explained in my introductory email, this is the first time we have used Moodle / Catalyst so there might be some "surprises" although this is a bigger problem than we had been anticipating.
This is a very real and serious problem. From your replies, I can't tell if your problem is the same as the others or if you have tried any or all of the "fixes" or workarounds suggested.
We want to get this resolved to everyone's satisfaction but we need your help. Any specific information you can provide will help us identify the problem and resolve it.