User:Vtaylor/Computers and Society/CIS2 Grand Challenges
Since 1994, XPRIZE has designed and launched multi-million dollar prizes in the domain areas of Space, Oceans, Learning, Health, Energy, Environment, Transportation, Safety and Robotics. https://www.xprize.org/prizes
Some of these have been "completed" but in reality, the work on these important projects is ongoing, long after the XPRIZE has been awarded. Because they cover a broad range of interests, several past challenges are included here so you can select from these as well.
- Work Reimagined * XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling is a $5 million dollar, 30-month competition to quickly reskill under-resourced workers for the digital revolution. https://www.xprize.org/prizes/rapidreskilling
- Rainforest Preservation * enhance our understanding of the rainforest ecosystem. https://www.xprize.org/prizes/rainforest
- AI to Solve Global Issues * demonstrate how humans can work with AI to tackle global challenges. https://www.xprize.org/prizes/artificial-intelligence
- Anywhere is Possible * create an avatar system that can transport human presence to a remote location in real time. https://www.xprize.org/prizes/avatar
- Turning CO2 into Products * develop breakthrough technologies to convert CO₂ emissions into usable products. https://www.xprize.org/prizes/carbon