Last edit: 07:40, 21 September 2010
How does academic writing differ from other types of writing?
Academic writing differs a lot from other types of writing because it is so much formal and organized. You have to take a lot of aspects into consideration such as: The audience, the appropriate tone and style, etc.
What is the function of academic papers?
The function of academic papers is to create new knowledge from the one that is already given from other authors. Also, another purpose of academic papers is to have the scholars writing according to the expectations of the academic community.
What are the concepts of academic writing?
Academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars. Academic writing is a way to express in a very formal form the ideas or arguments that are hidden in your instincts
What does the following statement mean? ...academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars.
It means that being a scholar requires that you read, think, argue and write in certain ways. So, in order to have an understandable reading for everybody, everyone has to write in a certain way (academic way)
Is it okay to include personal responses in an academic paper, why?
No, including personal responses in an academic paper is not acceptable. On the contrary, our statements have to be written in a critical and analytical way rather than in a personal way.
How does one form an informed argument?
There are topics that do not require the writer to have a lot of information. However, in some other cases, the topic requires the writer to research more information about the topic or in other occasions when you do not know much about a topic you have to look for information. In order to realize how much you know about a topic, you can answer the WH questions.
1. The first point is about the words used; on an academic writing I cannot use repeated statements, ideas or phrases just to “fill the sheets”.
Another aspect is the fact that I will take into consideration another people (authors) when writing my paper and give them the credit they deserve.
Topic must be interesting for a specific type of audience.
2. to give new information about a certain topic, to compare diferent points of view,to give a opinion based on other authors.
3.Academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars,Academic writing is devoted to topics and questions that are of interest to the academic community,Academic writing should present the reader with an informed argument.
4. it refers to the fact that students wirte about topics already studied but that are interesting for other students.
5.no, because including personal opinions will influence the audience to think or believe in the author´s believes, and the point of a research paper is to inform and allow others readers to think for themselves.
6. By selecting the topic and then do research about it according to what I want to know about it nad what i am interested to probe or show to other people.
How does academic writing differ from other types of writing? As it is know academic writing is the way in which the writer can catch the reader becuase it is involves complex and serious topics. Also, the academic writing show what the writer think and know instead of what he feels.
What is the function of academic papers? The main reason of academic papers is to develpo skills which help the writer to go beyond what the reader really need.
What are the concepts of academic writing? Academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars. It means that the sholars are part of the of community of expert sholars – those who have developed writing skills.
Academic writing is relevant and appropiate.
What does the following statement mean? ...academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars. As the statement says it refers to abilitities, experiences and everything that concers to the develpoment that learners have to achieve before writing an academic papers.
Is it okay to include personal responses in an academic paper, why? No, because as we know academic writing is about what the writer know and think, but not what the writer feels. In simple words there are not feelings.
How does one form an informed argument? In order to form an informed argument, it concerns to the details that we know and what we are going to dicuss. However, it should be supported by evidence, analysis, and ideas.
Last edit: 08:25, 24 September 2010
1. is is a text that must be by scholars to other scholas using adequated topics and takin into consideration menay aspects such as: audience, words, analizing, considering your personal biases and the readers biases, and so on.
2. It should be writtena ccordingto the interests of academic community, the writer must know about the topic, and the writer must evaluate , analize, sthetize, and the like in order to make sure to have an approapiate topicconsidering his/her own position about the topic, the audience, and use and appropiate tone and style.
3.To share information and share opinions in order to improve knowledge of an academic community.
4. they are according to the academic community.
5. that it is writing nothing else but for academic purposes, topics related to scholar bussiness.
6. It is important because you have to take into consideration your audience and your position about it. You can not inffert that everybody will think the same as you and it must be objective instead of using just personal thoughts.
7. because the writer must know as much as possible about the topic he/she is writing about. It also must be about recent information.
- How does academic writing differ from other types of writing?
The academic paper is a way of writing that allows the writer to be analytical; this kind of paper is the one that allows the student to talk about certain topics, but in a formal way. To write an academic paper is to go beyond your personal opinions or experiences and to provide the audience characteristics of a specific topic so that the audience becomes probably more interested on the topic. Academic writing differs from other types of writing since it is more formal and it covers different aspects than a normal or a high school paper.
- What is the function of academic papers?
The academic paper seems to be more functional since it let the reader to take advantage of the information you are providing so they can research more about the topic. It is completely different than other kind of writing since the structure is used differs for other kinds of papers. This kind of papers will allow readers to understand and know what other people think about certain topics and to know what the academic community expects.
- What are the concepts of academic writing?
The academic writing is done by scholars for other scholars, this means that your contributions will be relevant for others, but also this kind of paper pretends to provide different ideas in a formal way so that other readers can take advantage of your thoughts.
- What does the following statement mean? ...academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars.
As I already mentioned, this kind of paper pretends to provide other readers your own hidden arguments or opinions about a certain topic, but obviously the way you present your ideas has to be formal, so the reader can feel that you are not imposing your thoughts; in contrast, you are just complementing his ideas.
- Is it okay to include personal responses in an academic paper, why?
Not always, you can present your personal opinions and responses, but implicitly, it is important to remember that the paper should be analytical rather than personal.
- How does one form an informed argument?
One can form an informed argument providing answers to questions, if you do not know the topic very well, you can research more about it, so you provide an analysis that supports and validates what is discussed. --Ale Rivera 20:25, 23 September 2010 (UTC)