Excellent portfolio summary activity -- a few ideas
I was impressed with this portfolio learning summary activity.
A few thoughts:
- I would change the title in the navigation template from "summary" to "Learning summary" -- or better, should you decide to adopt the suggestion below to use the e-Tivity structure - -the navigation template item could be "e-Learning activity - Learning summary".
- To improve consistency -- I would recommend using the e-Tivity structure / template for the presentation of the required portfolio. There is an Assignment variable in the template which you could use to distinguish required e-Tivities from optional ones.
- I think it would be useful to specify the minimum scope for the sub-components of this exercise, for example:
- Minumum number of learning journal reflections (approximate word count)
- Minumum number of items for the annotated bibliography
- I'd move the sentence referring to the scope of the "Tell your story" up to the top, for example: "For this portfolio activity you are required to tell your story in 1 to two pages (400 to 600 words) ....."
Last thought --
- We will need to distinguish carefully how we communicate contact details for the local full-tuition students versus the free OERu learners. Perhaps a generic statement like, submit your portfolio to your facilitator and then provide your email in the Moodle version.