Resources and reports
- 5 Things you should know about the OER university network plan
- International media
- OER for Assessment and Credit for Students. Summary of meeting, 23 February 2011, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- OER University: Towards a logic model and plan for action
- OERu 2011.11: Report of meeting of founding anchor partners (pdf 1.3M), 9 - 10 November, Dunedin, New Zealand. (see also: online version).
- Q & A Key Answers about the OER University Plan
- The OERu from vision to reality - a slide presentation at Cambridge 2012
- UK HEIs and the OERu - A slide presentation at the Open University, 31 May 2012.
- Quality and the eye of the MOOC beholder: Perspectives from the OERu on mOOCs and micro-credentials - a guest blog post by Wayne Mackintosh for the European Foundation for Quality in E-learning (EFQUEL) MOOC Quality Project, July 2013.
Research papers and book chapters
- Bird, T. and Witthaus, G. (2012). 'iTunes U and the OERu: Two Different Ways to Reach the World'. Unpublished paper for Higher Education Academy and JISC.
- Conrad, D., Mackintosh, W., McGreal, R., Murphy, A. and Witthaus, G. (2013). Report on the assessment and accreditation of learners using OER. Athabasca University. [This is a pre-print draft of a report published by the Commonwealth of Learning, Fall 2013]
- Conrad, D. and McGreal, R. (2012). Flexible paths to assessment for OER learners: A comparative study. Journal of Interactive Media in Education (JIME). JIME Cambridge OER 2012 special issue.
- Davis, N.E. & Mackintosh, W. (2013, November). A mOOC prepared to make a difference. DEANZ Magazine, 1-7.
- Lane, A. (2012). 'Collaborative development of open educational resources for open and distance learning'. Commissioned HEA/JISC Open Educational Resources Case Study: Pedagogical development from OER practice.
- Mackintosh, W. 2012. Opening Education in New Zealand: A Snapshot of a Rapidly Evolving OER Ecosystem. In Gleny, J., Harley, K., Butcher, N., and van Wyk, T. (2012). Perspectives on Open and Distance Learning: Open Educational Resources and Change in Higher Education: Reflections from Practice. (Includes early history of the OERu.).
- McGreal, R., Mackintosh W., & Taylor J. (2013). 'Open Educational Resources university: An assessment and credit for students initiative'. In: R. McGreal, W. Kinuthia and S. Marshall (eds.) Open Educational Resources: Innovation, Research and Practice. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning and Athabasca University, pp.47-62.
- Murphy, A. (2012) Benchmarking open educational practices in higher education. In ASCILITE 2012: 29th Annual Conference of the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education: Future Challenges, Sustainable Futures, 25-28 Nov 2012, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Murphy, A. and Witthaus, G. (2013). 'Findings from a survey of openness in assessment and accreditation practices in post-secondary institutions'. Working paper commissioned by Athabasca University.
- Ossiannilsson E., Creelman A. (2012), From proprietary to personalized higher education - How OER takes universities outside the comfort zone, Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, v.8, n.1,9-22. ISSN: 1826-6223, e-ISSN:1971-8829
- Witthaus, G.(2012). The OER university: from vision to reality. In: Okada, A. (2012). Open Educational Resources and Social Networks: Co-Learning and Professional Development. London: Scholio Educational Research & Publishing.
Design and development resources
- Example of a collaborative wiki development
- Developing a teaching resource in WikiEducator (Work in progress)
- Quicklinks for OERu developers
- File:OP AP0501.08 Recognition of Prior Learning (1).pdf