This lesson was prepared by Joanne Jarvis-Patrick Librarian 11 of St.Augustine Secondary School corner of Gordon and Warren Streets St.Augustine Trinidad and Tobago.
Using The Card or Computer Catalogue
- 1 To help students become aware of the card or computer catalogue as research tools.
- 2To make students aware of the tremendous amount of important information that can be found on the card or computer catalogue.
- 3To help students understand the role of the card or computer catalogue.
- Narrowing or Broadening Search Terms.
- Guide Words.
- Boolean Strategies.
- Verbal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Visual Skills
- Logical Thinking Skills
- Information Solving Skills
- English Language
- English Literature
- Information Technology
Strategies And Questions to Guide Learning
- Why do students need to know about the card and computer catalogue?
- What are the different types of searches using the card or computer catalogue?
- How do students locate information from the respective catalogues?
- Video Cassette
- Multi Media Projector
- Computer Presentation Format
- Library Media Centre
- Audio Visual Room
Students are put into groups of six. Each group is given authors/titles/ or call numbers of books to find.
Verbal Quiz on cataloguing. Activity Sheet.