Learning in a digital age/LiDA101/Learning in a digital age/Academic skills for learning success
- Conduct a Google search for "academic skills" and "study skills" to identify skills relevant for higher education.
- Compile a list of the skills you identify.
- Identify categories or groups of associated skills.
- Conduct a Google search for "How to create a mindmap" and select one or two resources to assist you in generating a mindmap for "academic and study skills of higher education".
- On a piece of paper, prepare an initial draft of a mindmap using "academic and study skills" as the central concept. The branches of your mindmap should depict the classification or grouping you identified above, and relationships among skills and groupings.
- Review the list of skills and highlight those (for example, using a different colour) of those you need to improve.
- Prepare a final version of your mindmap on academic and study skills for higher education. You can:
- Photograph or scan a hand-drawn graphic on an A4 page using colour to highlight the different components and relationships.
- Use graphic software to produce your mindmap
- Use mindmap software like the open source Freemind package to generate your graphic.
- Identify the skills you would like to improve.