As an OERu course, learners are not required to purchase any prescribed texts. All study materials are available as open educational resources.
- All the materials required for successful completion of the OCL4Ed course are contained within the courseware published on this site.
- We encourage learners to search the web for open access materials to support your learning.
- We also provide a list of recommended open access materials on OERs and copyright below.
Open educational resources
- D.E. Atkins, J.S. Brown & A.L. Hammond. 2007. A Review of the Open Educational Resources (OER) Movement: Achievements, Challenges, and New Opportunities. Report to The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
- Butcher, N., and Hoosen, S. 2012. Exploring the Business Case for Open Educational Resources. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- COL, and UNESCO. 2011. Guidelines for Open Educational Resources (OER) in Higher Education. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- Dhanarajan, G., and Porter, D. (Eds.) 2013. Perspectives on Open and Distance Learning: Open Educational Resources: An Asian Perspective Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- Glennie, J., Harley, K., Butcher, N. and van Wyk, T. (Eds.) 2012. Perspectives on Open and Distance Learning: Open Educational Resources and Change in Higher Education: Reflections from Practice. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- Gurell, S. 2008. OER Handbook for Educators 1.0, WikiEducator. (Online print version also available from Lulu.com].)
- Hoosen, S. (Neil Butcher & Associates) 2012. Survey on Governments’ Open Educational Resources (OER) Policies. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- Kanwar, A. Uvalić-Trumbić, S., and Butcher, N. 2011. A Basic Guide to Open Educational Resources (OER). Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- OECD 2007. Giving Knowledge for Free: The Emergence of Open Educational Resources. Paris: OECD.
- OCLOS 2007. Open Educational Content - Introduction and Tutorials, WikiEducator.
- SURF 2013. Trend Report: Open Educational Resources 2013. Special Interest Group Open Educational Resources, SURF.
- UNESCO. 2012. Paris OER Declaration. Paris: UNESCO.
- Wiley, D. 2007. Open Educational Resources: On the Sustainability of OER initiatives. Paper commissioned by the OECD’s Centre for Educational Research and Innovation (CERI) for the project on Open Educational Resources. Paris: OECD.