A number of OERu courses will be using blogs to support learning (eg sharing outputs of e-Learning activities, reflective journals, alternative e-portfolios, connecting with peers etc.) We anticipate that a large number of OERu learners will not have their own blogs. This support tutorial has been prepared for students who have been asked to create a blog to support their learning, but don't know where to start.
The modern blog evolved from the 1990s and has become a popular form of web publishing. While the technology has been around for two decades, many learners and educators do not maintain their own blog sites. Rest assured, you are not alone on your journey in discovering the world of blogging.
logging into WikiEducator (you can create a free account) and responding to the following anonymous poll:
- How would you rate your knowledge of using blog software?
- How frequently do you read blog posts?
- Do you use a reader or aggregation service that harvests RSS feeds?
- Not sure
- Have you created your own blog site before?
- Do you maintain your own blog and post regularly?