Writing Wikipedia Articles/Week 2
Student version of this page (simplified)
Who am I to edit Wikipedia? Expertise, credentials, anonymity, privacy, conflicts of interest. Introduce /main assignment.
SFB says: moved this to homework
- How Wikipedia Works, chapters 4, 6, 10
- Welcome and review of previous session
- Review homework, take questions, look at student work
- Tour of an article that demonstrates a contributor with limited expertise building valuable content
- Tour of an article/talk page demonstrating good behavior while under a conflict of interest
- Tour of an article/talk page demonstrating bad COI behavior
- Tour of the Manual of Style and the Featured Article review process
- Suggest that people start thinking about what articles they want to work on. Tell people where to add ideas. <--SFB says, on their user or talk page IMO - put into P2PU
Extra credit (for those already comfortable editing): Look at the OER content page and/or OER article itself; review it/them [vid], discuss on Talk page [vid], or email thoughts to us privately.
Work through the on-wiki homework tasks; address other editing questions. Or just edit Wikipedia.