Wikieducator tutorial/Navigation templates/Why NFE
Objectives of Non-Formal Education
The basic purpose of non-formal education is education for better living to be imparted outside the bureaucratic structure of the formal educational system. The objectives of non-formal education are hence clustered around drop-outs from formal education, functional illiterates, unemployed or under-employed youths and adults. However, one also needs to realize that the non-formal system of education is not a counter activity in opposition to formal education, but it is meant to complement the formal system of education. The following are some of the objectives of non-fo1.
- To educate the drop-outs from formal educationrmal education.
- To raise the functional literacy of adults in the society.
- To prepare individual for self-employment.
- To provide life-long education.
- To raise the social and scientific awareness.