Draft proposal: WE Featured learning resource
< WikiEducator:Quality Assurance and Review(Redirected from WikiEducator:Quality Assurance and Review/Featured teaching resource)
The aim of the WE featured learning resource is to recognize and reward exemplary learning materials.
A featured teaching resource must meet the following requirements:
- A) Content validity and fitness of purpose measured by
- i) the extent that the stated learning objectives are achieved taking into account the intended learning context of the nominated resource.
- ii) The resource specifies the target audience.
- iii)) The tone (e.g., familiar or proper) and difficulty of language used to communicate learning materials is well suited to typical learners' needs and comfort level.
- iv) The presentation material is written and organized such that complex content is easier to understand.
- B) Relevant and appropriate learning design measured by:
- C) Visual design and usability measured by:
- i) The inclusion of images, graphics and figures where appropriate, that adhere to WikiEducator copyright requirements;
- ii) Logical structure and sequencing of sections and subsections of the resource with corresponding navigation templates;
- iii) Duration (length) of learning activities encourages module completion
- iv) Adherence to WikiEducator's style guide
- D) Assessment
- i) Provides guidelines for learner and facilitator (if appropriate) assessment
This will be measured by
- Independent open review (i.e. not blind review) by at least two peers who will attest to the content validity and fitness of purpose of the nominated learning resource. (Reviewers must publish their names on the reviewed materials)
- Open invitation for community comment and provide feedback on the stated criteria
- WE encourage primary authors and developers of a resource to nominate their own projects for the featured learning resource category. (WE do not want to force new developments into a rigorous review process or alienate new content developers.)
- Nominees must identify two independent reviewers who are willing to review the content validity of the resource and publish their names as reviewers of the content (What documents or processes do we need for this?);
- An invitation for comments and review by the community of the nominated candidate is announced on the relevant page for a Featured learning resource and main WE mailing list.
- Substantive suggestions for improvement by the two nominated reviewers are posted using relevant templates (to be developed) or postings on the corresponding talk pages.
- A QA and review committee (to be formed by community volunteers) oversee that reasonable suggestions for improvement are implemented.
- Once suggestions for improvement have been implemented (or where no suggestions are submitted) the review committee can propose the candidate for final approval. In the absence of any objections from the community in 10 calendar days -- the status of featured learning resource is conferred.
- Successful submissions are feature on the front page of WE for a reasonable period and a hall of fame page.
What we still need to do
- Develop a style guide
- Develop relevant templates for the review process including corresponding links to tutorials or resources to help nominees meet the specified criteria
- Develop the relevant pages to document and support this proposal
- Develop a final policy for approval by the community.
- Develop a visual notification and "identity"that can be displayed on a successful featured learning resource page.
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|