Draft proposal: WE Featured institution
The aim of the WE featured institution is to recognize and reward exemplary institution involved in OERs.
A featured institution must meet the following requirements:
- A) Must have been awarded two featured projects.
- B) Must show leadership in the creation and reuse of OER
- C) Must show evidence of student-generated OER content
- D) Must show leadership in addressing Intellectual Property issues and model good practices for open licensing of institutional materials
- E) Must have faculty actively engaged in and evangelizing the use of OER to their regional and national institutions
- F) need to add criteria for an exemplary institution... review eMM for this...
This will be measured by
- Independent open review (i.e. not blind review) by at least three peers, and two institutional representatives who will attests to the content validity and fitness of purpose of the nominated institution. (Reviewers must publish their names on the reviewed materials)
- Open invitation for community comment and provide feedback on the stated criteria
- WE encourage institutional leaders and faculty to nominate their own institutions for the featured institution category. (WE do not want to force early adopter institutions into a rigorous review process or alienate institutions beginning their journey into OER.)
- Nominees must identify three independent reviewers and two institutional representatives who are willing to review all the required criteria of the institution and publish their names as reviewers of the institution. (What documents or processes do we need for this?);
- An invitation for comments and review by the community of the nominated candidate is announced on the relevant page for a Featured institution and main WE mailing list.
- Substantive suggestions for improvement by the two nominated reviewers are posted using relevant templates (to be developed) or postings on the corresponding talk pages.
- A QA and review committee (to be formed by community volunteers) oversee that reasonable suggestions for improvement are implemented.
- Once suggestions for improvement have been implemented (or where no suggestions are submitted) the review committee can propose the candidate for final approval. In the absence of any objections from the community in 10 calendar days -- the status of featured teaching resource is conferred.
- Successful submissions are feature on the front page of WE for a reasonable period and a hall of fame page.
What we still need to do
- Develop relevant templates for the review process including corresponding links to tutorials or resources to help nominees meet the specified criteria
- Develop the relevant pages to document and support this proposal
- Develop a final policy for approval by the community.
- Develop a visual notification and "identity" that can be displayed on a successful featured institution page.
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|