Here are some useful resources (which you are invited to add to) for those interested in learning about Creative Commons licences for New Zealand schools.
Important links and documents
- Our School Uses Creative Commons Policy
- Sharing Open Education Resources - Information Sheet
- Creative Commons information brochure for New Zealanders and an animated video about the NZ licences.
- The Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand project website, for general information about CC for New Zealanders.
- The New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework and its user friendly website. Cabinet invites school boards of trustees to familiarise themselves with it.
- Information about Copyright in Schools from Te Kete Ipurangi, an initiative of the the Ministry of Education.
- The The OER Handbook, a resource guided by the Center for Open and Sustainable Learning(COSL).
- The Cape Town Open Education Declaration, an international statement of Open Education principles.
- A Guide to Creative Commons Policies for Schools
New Zealand Schools who support open content licensing policies
Creative Commons presentation slides
- Becoming Familiar with Creative Commons Licences - Jane Hornibrook, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
- Contact Matt McGregor from Creative Commons
- Contact Wayne Mackintosh from the Open Education Resource Foundation