Warrington School/Curriculum/Hi-viz Vests
Teachers who were on duty wearing high vis vests
- Results in schools where problems in playground were diminished considerably
- We would like students to socialise with others but don't want them using unacceptable behaviours or "go too far" when they are doing "kid things."
- Visible duty teacher gives other kids an "out" allowing them to model appropriate behaviours
"Stop it Mr P is coming"
- Children who may have been considering doing something naughty see the duty teacher and think again
- Students who may want to find a duty teacher do so easily
- When I was on duty I always whistled loudly then children would know I was around and stop doing what they shouldn't be doing or get caught doing it -
but they had the opportunity to make the decision
- Very similar to police who drive in marked cars get traffic to slow down where as mufti cars simply catch people who are breaking the law
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|