Warrington School/Curriculum/Health and PE
Health and Physical Well-being
Children learn to:
1. Take responsibility for own health needs, e.g. diet, sleep, hygiene, oral health, exercise, and relaxation.
2. Know about their own bodies and how to care for them.
3. Show awareness of keeping safe in the home, school, water and in the wider community.
4. Develop strategies for effective communication, through self-esteem, peer support, and knowledge of available support from other agencies.
5. Develop positive attitudes and regularly take part in activities that help achieve and sustain personal physical fitness.
6. Participate in a wide range of sporting opportunities, including team and solo sports.
7. Develop confidence in a range of physical skills e.g. ball handling, athletics, aquatics, dance.
8. Enjoy a healthy attitude to competition and uphold the importance of fair play.